The club participated once again in the ZI Say No to Violence Against Woman awareness campaign. To maximise impact we undertook a number of smaller activities rather than one big project and worked with local businesses, of which we are very grateful, to assist deliver this message.
• The Somerset Grocer who agreed to brand serviettes used in their café with the Say No logo
• Philip WareIng Transport branded the back of a freight truck that travels daily from Ashburton -Christchurch, with a large Say No logo. We have a 3-5 year commitment from the company for this.
• The Ashburton District Council lit up the clock tower once again.
• 4 Businesses -Todds of Ashburton, Flowers and Balloons ,Fusion Gallery and Stepping Out all undertook window displays with the Say No message.
• Social media was also utilised with a daily post made over the 16 days of action with the Say No message
• The 16 days of activism culminated in a club social function at the Methven races with our Honzons. For impact Members dressed in varying degrees of orange and mingled with our invited guests, the orange ladies.